Most of us remember our teenage years as being a challenging time.
How nice would it have been to have a coach help you through it? Imagine what your child could accomplish having the same much-needed help. As a parent, you probably worry about your teenage child. You may wonder if they are happy and hope they are doing well at school. You take comfort in the idea of them having a nice group of friends to support them through the journey. But what if they don’t, what if they are alone? It can be difficult as a parent, as sometimes despite your worry, teenagers simply do not want to discuss their personal lives.
I work with teens, and every single one of them need a judgment-free place to feel listened to and understood. Coaching provides teens a safe, confidential place without judgment to learn tools, share their struggles and achievements and gain the confidence they need to do their best.
It is my job as a life coach to help them reflect on their decisions, make changes when necessary, and above all, get to a place of happiness. Every one of my clients has what it takes to be successful, sometimes they just need a little help believing it.
Being a coach is not something I chose, it chose me. I get to play a part in helping them realize their full potential, and in return, they change the world.
“Be the person you needed when you were younger.”
Teenagers enjoy coaching because it feels more like mentoring than counseling. Click Here to see the difference. Coaching helps teens get to know who they are and what matters most to them. Teenagers choose what areas of their life they would like to see improve, and because they have a voice in how the coaching sessions go, they become highly motivated. A life coach gives them the chance to vent freely and confidentially about anything they want. This may include school and family life, friends, sexual issues or anything else that happens to be on their mind.
Whether teens receive coaching in-person, or on the phone, they work with me to develop a unique plan that will help them improve in areas they are struggling. Clients are excited by the fact that they get to see immediate results if they commit to their coaching plan. Coaching is a rewarding experience for teens and parents; it offers them greater self-confidence and it offers parents peace of mind knowing their child is reaching his or her full potential.
Benefits For Parents
I can approach any subjects your child feels unable to talk about with you, such as sexuality, body-image issues and sex. Even though you may not be able to help them personally, you can rest easy knowing they have someone to talk to.
- I will help your child develop mature ways to deal with conflict, stress and anger, which could potentially make family life easier.
- I can help your child to better understand the emotions they are experiencing and how to manage them. When a child appears to lash out or react aggressively, they may be battling feelings of worry or fear. Life coaching helps young people understand and control their confused emotions, encouraging an easier parent-child relationship.
Benefits For Teenagers
- Increased confidence, self-awareness, & self-esteem.
- Stronger sense of self-worth.
- Improved ability to recognize right and wrong.
- Stronger decision making skills.
- Ability to set and achieve goals; Desire to “dream big”
- Ability to spot signs of an unhealthy relationship early.
- Respecting themselves enough to move on from an unhealthy relationship, and recovering from breakups.
- Improved grades, work ethic, & family relationships.
- Advanced communication skills, college readiness.
- Healthier friendships
- Happier Teens
Are you interested in working with me?
Here’s How To Get Started:
Step 1. Schedule your complimentary introductory call by clicking here. This call will last approximately 45 minutes.
Step 2. I’ll use this time as an opportunity to learn about you, and to make sure we’re a good fit. I choose to work with only a select number of clients at a time who are committed to seeing change in their lives. This also allows me to be fully present in sessions, so you as a client experience the power of coaching.
Step 3. If we are a fit, we’ll then discuss the next steps to get started. If you decide not to work with me or if we aren’t the right fit, I’m happy to share other resources to help you get what you need.