We all start our businesses wanting to do something we love. However, most business owners realize after starting their business that it’s less about doing something they love and more about promoting their business, getting clients in the door, and managing people.
What starts as a dream can quickly turn into a demanding 80 hour per week liability that drains your bank account, your energy and your confidence. Sound familiar?
Business owners can be amazing at their profession, but figuring out the business side can be challenging, especially for startups and early stage businesses. What works for large corporations doesn’t translate for small organizations where you’re working on a shoestring budget, have limited resources, and have to wear multiple hats.
So What Is Business Coaching?
Simply put, business coaching is about growing the person, the business owner, from the inside out. Coaching helps you to determine goals that match your highest potential, create a realistic plan to achieve those goals, discover how you self-sabotage your business, and be accountable for achieving goals within a planned time frame. My primary purpose of coaching is to empower YOU to learn how to create the business of your dreams.
Working with a Business Coach
Together, we focus on developing you to your highest potential. Like a sports coach, I work on bringing out the best that’s already inside you. I focus on the “bigger picture” of what it is you want to create for your business (and your lifestyle), and talk about what will keep you motivated to move forward on your dreams, goals and tasks. I encourage you, support you, applaud you, empathize with you. I help you avoid obstacles, keep you on track. I help you tap the “wisdom within.”
However, I do not do the work for you in your business. I am there to keep you focused on the end result and remind you why it is important. I will motivate you to keep your commitments. I will act as a sounding board and when needed hold a mirror in front of you, highlighting your business and personal blind spots.
Do your clients always know exactly what kind of business they want to start before they come to you?
My clients fall into three categories:
- The first type of client is one who already has a business and wants to grow it or expand to new areas.
- The second type of client is just getting started in a new business, but knows exactly what business they want to be in.
- The third type of client has several ideas for businesses, but isn’t sure yet which one (or which combination) will work best for them, or if there’s something they haven’t thought of yet that might be the best fit.
What Does a Business Coach Work on with You?
The net result of business coaching is that you create a fool-proof plan for moving forward and I partner with you to support you in actualizing that plan.
Running a business is a roller coaster. One day your day is productive and things are looking great for your business, and the next, you feel like everything has been derailed and you are falling.
Hiring me will provide you with objective insights into how to run your business better, improve your skills as a CEO, and ultimately increase your sales.
You need a coach if you want help:
- Organizing your thoughts
- Creating a practical and effective plan
- Prioritizing goals and tasks
- Being more accountable for following through on tasks
- Maintaining high motivation even in the face of difficulties
- Understanding how you sabotage your efforts (and figuring out what to do about this self-sabotage
My type of coaching isn’t right for everybody. The clients I work best with are people who:
- Where you’re at now
- What you want to achieve
- Why you believe a coach will help you get there
- What you want to achieve as a result of hiring the coach
- What you think is holding you back
You have to take responsibility for where you are at and where you want to go and you have to do the work, which starts with knowing:
- Have a vision for their business/life and are ready to make it real.
- Are looking to move beyond talk and create real results in their world.
- Are willing to back up their vision by taking action to make that happen.
- Are not looking for someone to do it for them, but are looking for a coach to partner with them as a guide.
What to expect from me as your coach
- Prep in advance of calls and meetings
- Customized one-on-one sessions tailored your needs
- Dig into your businesses and investigate why some things are working, and why others aren’t
- Asking the hard & thought-provoking questions to stimulate you to look at things in new ways
- Really listening to what you say. Not only to the surface content of what you are saying, but also listening for the patterns, beliefs and feelings behind content
- Giving honest feedback on what I observe
- Assigning you “homework” to do between coaching sessions
- Following up with you to provide accountability
- Conducting periodic assessments and make adjustments as we resolve old issues and new issues pop up.
- Celebrating small & big wins
Are you interested in working with me?
Here’s How To Get Started:
Step 1. Schedule your complimentary introductory call by clicking here. This call will last approximately 45 minutes.
Step 2. I’ll use this time as an opportunity to learn about you, and to make sure we’re a good fit. I choose to work with only a select number of clients at a time who are committed to seeing change in their lives. This also allows me to be fully present in sessions, so you as a client experience the power of coaching.
Step 3. If we are a great fit, we’ll then discuss the next steps to get started. If you decide not to work with me or if we aren’t the right fit, I’m happy to share other resources to help you get what you need.